Chief Business Officer
Chief Business Officer
Yuba Community College District
The Chief Business Officer reports to the Chancellor and is a member of the Chancellor's Executive Team. The Chief Business Officer serves as the Chief Fiscal Officer for the District and supervises District level administrative staff in carrying out the responsibilities for the overall administration of fiscal services, purchasing/contracts, facilities planning, police, and ancillary services. Reporting directly to the Chief Business Officer is the Director of Fiscal Services, the Director of Maintenance and Operations, and Printing Supervisor.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Deep Commitment to Student Access and Success: The Chief Business Officer is responsible for improving the quality of life and the economic well-being of our citizens and communities by providing access to a quality learning environment and fostering high levels of access and success for all students.
Willingness to Take Significant Risks to Advance Student Success: The Under the direction of the Chancellor, the Chief Business Officer will connect the institutional strategy of driving student access and success with the business operations of the institution.
The Ability to Create Lasting Change within the College: The Chief Business Officer will be committed to identifying gaps in student outcomes on the basis of factors such as race, ethnicity and gender, and then mobilize the District to improve results through business operations.
Strategic Vision for the College and Its Students, Reflected in External Partnerships: The Chief Business Officer will leverage the institution's influence and resources to pave the way for ongoing student access and success by forging partnerships with outside entities, including K-12 school districts, four-year colleges, community-based organizations and employers.
Raise and Allocate Resources in Ways Aligned to Student Success: The Chief Business Officer will develop resources to achieve significantly improved student outcomes by implementing well-designed institutional changes at scale, and ensuring they are embedded for the long term.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT BE LIMITED OT THE FOLLOWING:
• Serves as the Chief Fiscal Officer, overseeing and responsible for the overall financial management of District funds.
• Coordinates development and implementation of District budgets, long-range Fiscal Plan, and fiscal authorization processes.
• Plans, organizes and directs the District's business activities, including budget, accounting, payroll, investments, banking, employee benefits, student attendance and financial aid reporting, risk management, purchasing, property and contract management, inventory control, bookstore and college food service operations, and auxiliary services duplicating, mail and printing services.
• Coordinates environmental compliance and safety programs and the maintenance and enhancements to internal control processes and procedures and internal and external audits.
• Represents the District in Prop 39 Bond construction activities, collective bargaining activities related to compensation, benefits and areas requiring financial resources.
• Coordinates District-wide facility planning activities, including new construction, remodeling or renovation, bid development, funding requests, development and implementation of facility planning guidelines and criteria; oversees State funded District construction, remodeling and site improvement projects.
• Prepares comprehensive project cost estimates, including staffing, operational requirements and impact on student enrollment.
• Coordinates the development of college capital outlay priorities; submits funding requests for building construction, maintenance projects and related equipment.
• Supervises and evaluates staff as required in District policies and procedures and collective bargaining contracts; represents the District on appropriate District, college, state and other committees in areas of responsibility.
• Responsible, with the Chief Human Resources Officer, for the oversight, development, and evaluation of the District Campus Safety Plan.
• Leads a team of administrative staff who manage administrative services under their specific areas of responsibility.
• Participates in regional, state, and national organizations for professional development.
• Makes recommendations to the Chancellor and presents items to the Board of Trustees.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Chancellor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate must possess the minimum qualifications:
• Possession of a Master's Degree; and
• One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment.
• Three years of experience in increasingly complex management positions strongly preferred.
• Doctoral degree optional
• Experience in business management, budget, finance, administrative services, and strategic planning
• Communicating information and make presentations
• Reading a variety of materials
• Operating a computer keyboard and other similar equipment
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Lifting light objects
Range/Step (Range 45, Management Salary Schedule).
Salary Range $124,368 - $153,656/YR.
The District offers a comprehensive benefit package for employees and dependents, for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $24,273 annually with currently no out of pocket expenses to employees or dependents for medical premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security OR the State Teacher's Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 22 vacation days, 3 Administrative days, 3 Non-duty days, 2 Floating Holidays, 12 sick days and 20 holidays.
Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR:
The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Posting Number AS092P
Open Date 07/19/2016
Close Date 02/28/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: To apply, please visit: https://yccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1276 and complete an online management application Please provide description and details for each position held. See resume or left blank will automatically disqualify your application. Please include the following required document(s): Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attached in a Word document). A Cover letter/letter of interest, resume, and un-official transcripts. For questions about Yuba Community College District's application process, please contact Miriam Ellis at (530) 741-8765.