Animation Assistant Professor
Daemen College in Buffalo, NY seeks a full-time Assistant Professor for its Animation BFA Program within the Department of Visual and Performing Arts. Anticipated appointment date is August, 2017.
The Department is committed to providing students with a comprehensive program that promotes artistic development and imparts the professional skills necessary to succeed in a visual arts career. To this end, Daemen has established the IBFA program as a center for creative growth, artistic production, and practicum learning.
The successful candidate for the tenure track position will be an accomplished artist and animator with demonstrated artistic achievement in both Classical 2-D Animation and/or 3D Animation. He or she must demonstrate a strong vision for cultivating a dynamic and challenging environment that will inspire and push students to reach their full creative potential.
The ideal candidate will be a proven innovator who is passionate about art and animation, and has the ambition and leadership to help grow the BFA in Animation at Daemen College to a program of National prominence.
- Preferred candidates will have an MFA in animation or a closely related discipline and a minimum of 3-5 years related experience. Advanced certifications or credits towards further study are highly preferred.
- A strong portfolio that reflects a high degree of knowledge in Classical 2-D Animation and figure drawing is required. The successful candidate will have excellent drawing skills and embody drawing as the key element in 2D or 3D animation.
- Proficiency in 2D concepts (principles of animation, character ideation, storyboarding, etc.), and/or 3D concepts (modeling, character animation, lighting, camera and texturing).
- Ability to teach foundation courses is highly desirable. Preference will be given to candidates with college-level teaching experience, proven leadership skills and ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Toonboom, Maya, and compositing applications.
- Previously held positions within the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
For consideration, submit letter of interest, CV, portfolio of student and professional work and three letters of recommendation to http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.