Director of Annual Giving
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Director will create, implement and evaluate a comprehensive, multi-year plan to increase the financial support from the Alumni, Friends, and Parents of American International College (AIC). This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
The incumbent will provide strategic direction, long-range/short-range planning and day-today management for the annual giving program. S/He will support the greater development goals of the College and have a keen understanding of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major and planned giving programs.
A significant component of this role will be externally facing and will require regional travel.
- Successfully manage a portfolio of 75–100 assigned annual giving prospects ($1000+).
- Oversee all annual giving programs including phone-a-thon, direct mail, e-mail, faculty/staff campaigns, parents program, senior gift and other programs.
- Supervision and management of annual giving staff and budget.
- Identify, design and implement strategies to grow new and current annual giving programs.
- Work with internal and external influencers to align annual giving programs with the College vision and goals.
- Create, develop and execute a highly effective and sustainable volunteer component within annual giving.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Three or more years of professional, annual fund-raising experience preferred
- Experience at an institution of higher education preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Partnership-building skills and a commitment to annual fund raising and higher education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of a development operation in a complex environment.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and see projects through to a timely completion. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies for achieving operating goals.
- Experience in budget planning and oversight.
- Fundraising data systems experience.
The Annual Giving Officer is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with non-paid lunch break, flexible to the needs of the department. Evening and weekend event work is required.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.