Finance Manager - Athletics
Baruch College seeks a Finance Manager for the Athletics department. Reporting to the Athletics Director, the Manager will:
- Serve as primary financial administrator for the department of athletics and recreation.
- Lead all Intercollegiate Athletics daily fiscal functions with direct oversight of all accounting, fiscal and NCAA reporting, auditing, control procedures and policies.
- Manage all day-to-day business operations including but not limited to, expense reports, procurement cards, purchase orders, requisitions for payment, payroll and payment vouchers.
- Prepare the annual budget report, EADA/Title IX assessment in conjunction with the business office and proposed budget to be submitted to higher administrative officials for approval.
- Oversee department's procurement, bidding and check request processes.
- With the approval of the Athletics Director, monitor, forecast and remodel program and department budgets.
- Strategize effective ways to generate innovative revenue and an annual surplus.
- Act as a liaison between the Athletic Department and various college offices including the Dean of Students, Financial Aid, Finance and Administration, and Bursar.
- Oversee department payroll processes.
- Adhere to, communicate and enforce Human Resources policies as per CUNY, HR and the College.
- Serve on various department-wide committees including Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT).
- Provide supervision and guidance to full-time and part-time staff within the Athletics Business Office and main general office.
- Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or related field with preference given to intercollegiate athletics experience preferred
- Experience supervising personnel
- Demonstrated computer application skills (including but not limited to Excel, Access, or specialized accounting software)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, CUNY Conference and NCAA rules and regulations
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the financial activities of a College or major program.
- Advises management regarding funding appropriateness and proposes fiscal solutions to resolve academic and/or administrative issues
- Develops and recommends policies and controls to assure the responsible use of resources
- Supports strategic planning processes; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations
- Prepares and manages production of statistical/analytical reports pertinent to financial and operational activities
- Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
- Liaisons with auditors and other internal and external agencies as necessary
- May negotiate contracts
- May hire, supervise and train finance and/or clerical staff and manage related administrative functions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
January 27, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Finance Manager - Athletics
Job ID: 16179
Full/Part Time: Full-Time