Senior Project Manager
Working Title: Senior Project Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: University Budget Office
Posting Date: 11-29-2016
The UVAFinance team seeks to hire a dynamic leader to implement projects for UVAFinance. Manage end-to-end project implementation from requirement gathering to roll-out and training.
The Senior Project Managers oversee a project, mainly the strategic implementation of a system or tool, for example, system implementation of a budgeting, forecasting, and analytical tool. This position will serve as the primary client contact for the project and be the liaison with the systems team to ensure project's success. The incumbent has significant project experience, and is able to operate independently, with little supervision. They supervise project staff, and typically lead cross functional teams over whom they exercise no formal supervision.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication across functions.
- Demonstrate ability to build, lead, motivate, and assess small professional teams.
- Strong ability to adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects, operating with discipline and urgency
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80681