Business Technology Instructor/Assistant Professor, Tenure-track - Potomac State
Potomac State College, a Division of West Virginia University located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area:
Instructor or Assistant Professor in Business Technology, tenure-track
Teaching responsibilities include a wide array of business technology and business courses.
This position is full-time, nine month, with full benefits, and a starting date of August 11, 2017.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Business is required by the time of appointment.
- Demonstration of excellent college teaching is valued.
Faculty Expectations: Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- An understanding and commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- A basic understanding of student learning outcomes, course and program assessments;
- An understanding and commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Faculty Opportunities: Faculty will have an opportunity to participate in the cultural and intellectual life of West Virginia University and to benefit from professional development opportunities made available generally to university faculty while pursuing a commitment to undergraduate teaching and service at a small college with proven enrollment growth potential that offers a distinctive identity and academic culture.
To Apply: Applicants should upload a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial college transcript, and names and addresses of three references to the application.
Priority will be given to applications received by March 1, 2017.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Get more details at http://hr.wvu.edu.
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Underrepresented class members are encouraged to apply. This includes: minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.