Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Reporting to the Foreman of Grounds, the Groundskeeper II is responsible for a wide range of maintenance duties and general repairs, monitoring and providing general up-keep, and ensuring the College facilities are maintained at a high standard, including but not limited to: Assisting in all seasonal landscape and other campus-wide ground maintenance tasks, and perform various College set-ups as directed.
This position requires participation in an on-call rotation schedule. In addition, this position is considered essential personnel and as such is required to participate in general snow shoveling and removal, salting, sanding, and trash pick-up as directed and as needed. The work schedule for this role is Tuesday- Saturday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
- Perform seasonal landscaping duties and grounds assignments as directed.
- Informs supervisor and/or office staff, in a timely manner, when facilities related supplies, equipment, and material purchases are needed.
- Provide gasoline for reserve containers to service equipment at job sites.
- Assist with the storage of all office and residential furniture.
- Assist in distributing and/or installing campus signage and flags.
- Assist the Lead Groundskeeper with overall completion of set-ups/breakdowns for various College functions, events, and conferences.
- Assist with the proper operation and maintenance of the College’s irrigation systems.
- Safely operate all landscaping, grounds, and snow removal equipment.
- Assisting with sanitation removal tasks as directed.
General Expectations and Duties:
- It is expected that all work performed is in compliance with any applicable licensure requirements.
- Communicate with subcontractors and vendors, as needed/required.
- Communicate regularly with management to meet the needs of the department.
- Under general supervision, work independently within department standard operating procedures, referring all requests to purchase to the Foreman of Grounds.
- Must adhere to all safety practices and standards.
- Provides timely response to work orders and assignments.
- Perform duties independently according to broadly prescribed renovation and maintenance procedures.
- Effectively completes required administrative processes on request and effectively produces required documentation and reports.
- Works collaboratively with B&G and other College employees.
- Identifies and reports any items that are in need of repair and/or pose a safety hazard at both interior and exterior of buildings to Foreman, forwarding to B&G office issues that need immediate attention.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and safe at all times including company vehicle.
- Provides responsible and reliable coverage; must occasionally be available for off-hour emergencies.
- A reasonable amount of overtime may be required as necessary to meet the needs of the department.
- May occasionally be required to perform various grounds or trades tasks, including but not limited to moving furniture, assisting in set ups, as directed.
- Assist with other B&G functions and perform other duties as directed.
- May assign and direct the work of student and summer employees on projects as required. Occasionally oversees and provides hands on direction to students and temporary/casual workers as assigned.
- High school diploma, G.E.D or equivalent required.
- A valid unrestricted Massachusetts driver's license required with a good driving record. Hoisting License preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant grounds and landscaping experience required.
- Must have overall working knowledge of general maintenance and repair operations and practices.
- Must have proven skills in the safe use of hand and power tools used in buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge on the use of computers.
- Proven effective communication skills, a high level of professionalism and strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated history of being prompt and reliable.
- Ability to be flexible in a changing fast-paced environment.
- Proven record of team orientation with demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a complex environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs occasionally and 50lbs often.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment physicals and background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.