Assistant Dean for Strategic Enrollment Planning
Reporting to the Dean of BGSU Firelands, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive enrollment and retention strategy to achieve BGSU Firelands' enrollment targets, including the recruiting of traditional and non-traditional students, online students, Firelands Pathway, and College Credit Plus. Leverages knowledge of marketing, recruiting, enrollment forecasting, as well as financial aid and scholarships to create enrollment plans that align with the college goals. Has unit-level supervision over Admissions and Student Support Services, and collaborates with Marketing and Communication, Associate Dean, and the Assistant Dean for Institutional Research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean and the Assistant Dean for Institutional Research develops and implements both broad and targeted marketing and creative undergraduate recruitment strategies/campaigns via a variety of media and methodologies: print, direct mail, media buys, social media and networking, outreach programs, events, and utilization of students, faculty, and alumni. Develops and enhances relationships with external contacts who facilitate students' enrollment at BGSU. This position is responsible for enrollment strategies associated with non-traditional and online students. Makes presentations and public appearances to promote and encourage enrollment at BGSU Firelands.
- Facilitates the planning, budgets, and operations of Admissions and Student Support Services. This could include, but is not limited to, evaluation of recruitment activities, application processing, enrollment forecasting, and student support services, including student orientation and advising. Oversees the implementation and assessment of enrollment initiatives in these areas.
- Works with Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Planning to develop and enhance collaborations with the BG Campus, including Firelands Pathway. Develops enrollment strategies to enhance the transfer mission of BGSU Firelands.
- Represents BGSU Firelands at meetings, conferences, and committees. Keeps current with developing trends in strategic enrollment planning in higher education (by attending workshops, conferences, and research); leads and completes these projects and responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in recruitment of traditional and other student populations (non-traditional, transfer, online)
- Ability to perform statistical analyses and use data to inform decision-making and planning
- Knowledge of the strategic use of technology and social media in student marketing, recruitment, and engagement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Master’s degree required. Suggested fields include Higher Education Administration, MBA and related areas, Adult Education.
- 3-4 years professional experiences in a two or four-year college/university working in enrollment management and/or related department
- Evidence of understanding and use of enrollment software and data-driven planning
- Evidence of understanding of federal/state need- and merit-based financial aid programs
- Evidence of successful collaboration with campus administrators and faculty to lead recruitment and enrollment initiatives that support both the College’s and University’s goals
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 360. Full benefits package available.
AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.