Creative Director, Communications and Marketing
Working Title: Creative Director, Communications and Marketing
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Dean's Office, School of Architecture
Posting Date: 12-14-2016
The Creative Director of Communications and Marketing for the School of Architecture is a full-time position responsible for generating, developing and executing an innovative, graphically compelling and integrated branding, communications and marketing strategy to advance the reputation of the School of Architecture as a leading institution of design education and creative research. The School is seeking a talented designer with strong communications and marketing experience to support the School's larger mission which is to engage the complex challenges of contemporary life through the design of new global urban and architectural futures. As a forward thinking, studio-based design school we are highly committed to an educational model that emphasizes formal experimentation, spatial intelligence, and technological innovation within a larger context of cultural diversity and environmental responsibility. We are searching for a creative individual who is able to reflect this ethos through all forms of external media available to the School and to effectively communicate the School's ongoing research and design work to a range of audiences: future student applicants, professional peers, students and faculty, and our alumni network.
The position oversees the generation of design and content for the school website and graphic archive, all social media outlets, print publications, school-wide event publicity (lectures, exhibitions, symposia and events), and all earned media. Working with the team's full time graphic designer, the position is responsible for developing and sustaining a distinctive visual branding strategy. The position supervises and works directly with the communications team, overseeing and substantially contributing to all creative services (including graphic design, photography, editorial/copy-writing, publication) while developing and overseeing all digital marketing, web and print communications and public relations for the School. The position is also responsible for data analytics and bench-marking the effectiveness of strategies over time, and managing the Office of Communication & Marketing's annual budget. The Creative Director will report to the Dean and work closely with the senior leadership of the School to support all activities related to the position.
**Digital Portfolio of creative work required (digital portfolio materials should be a single .pdf file not to exceed 10MB and be submitted via wetransfer or dropbox to Karen Allison, Interim Assistant to the Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current marketing and communication strategies and trends, including editorial, creative and public affairs, print and online publications, web communications, media relations and issue management, and interactive marketing and social media.
- Track record of developing and leading successful marketing and communication campaigns that achieve specific, measurable results.
- Familiarity with new and emerging technologies and their use in marketing.
- Ability to produce publications using knowledge of accepted journalistic standards, editing, layout, and design.
- High level of skill in creative design, graphics and publication software, as well as proficiency in presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet/database software as required.
- Proficiency in web-based applications and an understanding of database technology.
- Must possess excellent graphic and design skills applicable to web-based and print media and the ability to apply design thinking to communications strategies.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of design software used for communications and marketing.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Writes clearly and informatively; presents information effectively.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills as well as public speaking ability.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80779