Assistant Professor in Counseling in Educational Settings - AFT
The College of Education has over 3000 undergraduate and graduate students and was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The department of Educational Services and Leadership is one of four departments within the College of Education. The department of Educational Services and Leadership houses graduate programs in educational leadership, school psychology (NASP approved), counseling in educational settings (CACREP approved), higher education, and school administration and a post-baccalaureate program in school nursing. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New jersey Department of Education.
The Educational Services and Leadership Department is accepting applications for a full time assistant professor position for our MA level program in Counseling in Educational Settings beginning in fall of 2017 contingent upon budget appropriation. The department is seeking a creative and innovative faculty member to play an integral role in our Master's level program in school counseling. Applicants may view the website for a list of courses and descriptions offered in our program.
This position requires demonstrated scholarly excellence in school counseling. Specifically, the department is looking for a faculty member, who is dedicated to increasing knowledge, sensitivity, and awareness of practices best suited for individuals from diverse sociocultural backgrounds. The successful candidate meets the following qualifications:
• Earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP approved program
• Department of Education certification as school counselor
• Record of scholarship including publications and grants
• Ability to demonstrate currency and fluency in literature, research, and best practices in school counseling
• Ability to teach a variety of courses in the counseling curriculum including supervision of field experiences
• Commitment to interactive and field-based work
• Potential to teach and supervise PhD students
• Record of professional activities, which include working with P-12 schools
• Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships in dynamic and collaborative environments
• Clear understanding of the social justice issues that face educational leaders and a commitment to equity and the celebration of diversity in a pluralistic society
• Credentialed as a Nationally Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor
• Record of excellence in teaching at the graduate level
• Experience in developing and delivering educational programs online
• Substantial practitioner experience in school counseling
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system using the following URL link:http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=5393587.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2017
Starting Date: September 1, 2017
Submit letter of application with a statement of teaching interest that matches one or more areas of instruction or program courses listed above, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts and names and contact information of three references [at least one of which addresses teaching ability).
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.]]>