Regional Advancement Officer (West Coast/Asia)
This position is based in San Francisco, CA
As a fundraiser for Babson College and the Advancement Division, the Regional Advancement Officer manages the territory development, individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective donors, primarily based in West Coast/Asia rated at the $100,000 and above level.
• Based at Babson's campus in San Francisco, CA, manages the College's relationship with approximately 200+ region-based individuals who are capable of making gifts of $100,000 and above.
• In collaboration with the Events Management and Alumni and Friends offices, develops territories within region among parents, alumni, and friends of the College that promote philanthropic outcomes. Develops, recommends, and implements appropriate strategies for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding these individuals; consults with Development colleagues, administrators, faculty, trustees, and other volunteers as appropriate.
• Conducts an average minimum of 18 face-to-face meetings per month.
• Identifies and solicits 25-30 key prospects bi-annually.
• Staffs College leadership for events, visits, and solicitations within region.
• Prepares proposals for gift solicitations.
• Oversees all gift activities in assigned geographic region(s).
• Prepares written briefings for senior management and faculty visits with donor and prospective donors, as well as follow-up documentation and correspondence.
• Works cooperatively with other staff in expanding the pool of volunteers and prospective donors and in coordinating solicitation strategies and campaign activities.
• Builds out volunteer network in regions as assigned.
• Travels to Boston campus minimum two times, annually.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• 7 years of increasingly responsible roles in fundraising major gifts
• Experience fundraising in international markets
• Proven track record of closing 6-figure gifts
• Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective at engaging with all levels of the College
• Demonstrated ability to establish creditability and confidence with donors and prospective donors
• Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies
• Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects
• Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Extensive global travel required including traveling 4-6 times per year to Asia; travel up to 60 percent of time
• Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
• May require occasional nights and/or weekend work
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.