Senior Budget Analyst
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2016-003
Posting Start Date: 2/6/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $57,870 - $65,171
Senior Budget Analyst
This position is responsible for:
Providing leadership with all phases of budget services, including budget preparation, formulation, presentation, execution, and financial management policy;
The Senior Budget Analyst position will maintain accounting records and analyzes funds to identify possible trends which may result in surplus or shortage of funds;
Ensuring adequate funds for program changes and preparing reports, forms and schedules, prepares responses to requests for information from legislative analyst, state agencies, and higher education institutions;
Performing technical calculations and analysis to prepare all parts of the annual budget submission including developing revenue and expenditure assumptions, cash-flow projections for all campus activities and self-supporting and/or fee funded activities.
This position reports to the Chief Budget Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive, relevant work experience in budgeting and accounting operations;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data, develop financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and the ability to produce results analysis;
- Strong ability to interpret financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions
- A strong financial systems background with proven experience with financial reporting systems and computer applications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management;
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft products to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
The final candidate(s) are subject to a pre-employment background check.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in higher education or similar non-profit
- Knowledge of Financial Management Information Systems is a plus
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.