About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2016-069
Posting Start Date: 2/9/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $50,380 - $56,735
The Grants Specialist is responsible for:
- Researches grant opportunities and works with various campus stakeholders to write and edit grant proposals/applications for submission to federal, state, and local agencies, as well as to private funding agencies and foundations
- Organizes and participates on grant writing teams to develop, write, and edit grant proposals
- Assists the Director of Grant Development in providing support to College faculty, administrators, and staff who are in need of assistance with grant writing.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on internal grant committees and the College's Human Subject Review Committee, the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Assists the Director of Grant Development with developing, coordinating, and implementing trainings and workshops on grant and budget development
- Participates in regular, ongoing meetings with Principal Investigators or Project Directors to ensure grant-funded projects are meeting goals, objectives, and performance measures in a timely manner
- Responsible for writing post-grant award program narrative update reports (both interim and final reports)
- Prepares post-grant sub-award agreements
- Collaborates on various Office of Grant Development and Institutional Advancement, Marketing, and Research initiatives and actives as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business, English, or related field
- Three (3) years of documented success in the acquisition of public and private sector grants in education, human services, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in all phases of grant development and grants management including researching prospective grant opportunities, writing and editing grant proposals to include grant budget development, and post-grant award programmatic activities
- Master's degree in Business, English, or related field
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.