Department of English Assistant or Associate Professor
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor
Department: Department of English
Closing Date: Consideration begins January 15, 2016 Open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Faculty
- PhD in English or related field.
- Those who are ABD in latter stages of dissertation will be considered.
- Experience in teaching college-level English courses desirable.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 36 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in Composition, Professional Writing, Literature, Grammar, and/or History of the English Language.
- Experience teaching or training in Grammar or History of the Language helpful. All areas considered. Candidates can also expect to fulfill a department or university assignment as specified by the department chair.
- Scholarship, creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The individual should be fully committed to student learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework) and may also be asked to help develop and/or teach online courses.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church in the Asia-Pacific area and throughout the world.
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Eleven-month contract, continuing faculty status-track and renewable yearly.
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
Please complete and submit the following by mail, fax, or email.
- A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Must include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of individuals making the recommendation.
- Official BYU-Hawaii application form.
- Employment confidential report form.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
Fall Semester, 2017
*Incomplete applications will not be considered*
Associate Academic Vice President for Instruction
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Fax: (808) 675-3329