Department Name Assoc Dean Health Careers
Campus or Location Western Campus
Vacancy Number PT161-17
Reports To Supervisor
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
As part of the training for Tri-C students, serves as a "practice patient" and performs a variety of duties associated with the portrayal of actual patients.
After training and rehearsal:
- Performs a variety of duties to accurately and consistently portray specific types of patients, based on knowledge of the history of their present illness, past medical history, and physical exam results as well as their body language and their emotional and personality characteristics. Portrayal may require submitting to a physical exam for Health Career Students.
- Simulates a variety of clinical scenarios including a patient's appearance, demeanor and affect, communication style, chief complaint, symptomatology, past medical history, and physical findings.
- Delivers feedback to students and faculty verbally or in writing.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
•Disclaimer: This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- H.S. diploma or GED.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to memorize and be improvisational.
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Standardized patient or acting experience
Assignments are on an as needed basis. May require some evenings and weekends.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 01/23/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled No
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae