The School of Nursing is seeking applications for a full-time Publicity/Marketing Coordinator. Working under the general supervision of the Dean, the Publicity Marketing Coordinator will, in collaboration with the Dean, plan, implement and evaluate the informational and promotional activities of the School of Nursing. Incumbent will also provide assistance for other special projects or services necessary to the School.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Dean to plan cost-effective strategies and promotional campaigns designed to attract membership, audiences and attendance for each event.
- Designs, schedules and produces brochures, posters, advertising flyers and newspaper advertisements and other informational and promotional materials; prepares designs for production, including layouts, paste-up, type specs and mechanical, as needed; reviews and corrects proofs.
- Schedules and coordinates volume mailings; keeps informed of mailing regulations and cost-saving measures.
- Responsible for writing copy for press releases, public service announcements, informational listings and other publicity materials.
- Maintains working relationship with members of public media to promote coverage of School events; assists with special media events designed to draw attention to School programs.
- Maintains and updates computerized mailing lists, card files and other necessary records and assists in evaluating success of promotional and marketing campaigns; makes recommendations for improvements.
- Maintains fiscal records of expenditures and income; prepares analysis of cost and income projections and makes recommendations for more cost-effective publicity activities. Keeps informed regarding available graphic products, services and costs and University branding guidelines.
- Associate’s degree and two to four years of experience in graphic design or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Demonstrated abilities with creative graphics and writing ability necessary to produce publicity materials such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory ability.
- Knowledge and experience with social media tools.
- The ability to be resourceful and work under pressure and deadlines while managing conflicting priorities.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible and irregular hours including nights and weekends in support of program activities and events.
- Willingness and ability to travel in state in support of program activities and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, art or related field.
- Photography experience.
- Experience developing outreach programs designed to promote programs, events and services.
- Knowledge of industry standards and university branding guidelines in relation to the use of graphics, logos and proprietary materials.
- Experience creating and updating websites using Aurora WordPress or similar content management software.
- Experience working in higher education.
This is a 12- month, full-time position. The successful candidate will work full-time; however, hours and work schedule are subject to change depending upon program needs.
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter detailing how the minimum and preferred qualifications are met through prior experience, a resume and contact information for three (3) professional references to: www.jobs.uconn.edu. Please reference Search #2017326 when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2017326)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on February 6, 2017.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http:/ /www.ct.gov/ ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.