Dir-Institute Research, Demography & Assessment
Working Title Director - Institutional Research, Demography & Assessment
Eastern Washington University's Academic Affairs Division invites applications for the Director of Institutional Research, Demography and Assessment in the Institutional Effectiveness Department
The Director is responsible for providing analysis, reports, recommendations, and forecasts in support of institutional management, planning, and enrollment management which will support and enable the university to meet its goals and commitments to our students.
This is a 12-month administrative position reporting to the Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness when that position is filled; prior to that person joining Eastern, the Director position will report to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Eastern Washington University offers a highly competitive compensation package, including market-based salary and excellent benefits.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Advanced degree in quantitative social science, education, statistics, data science or related area.
- Experience in conducting and interpreting multivariate analysis.
- Programming experience in a major statistical package.
- Thorough knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques, statistics or social science research techniques, knowledge of organization-specific computer application programs; knowledge or organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Working with internal and external constituents to identify and clarify data requests and select appropriate data, analysis techniques, and deliverables within given timelines.
- Able to provide good judgment, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data including survey responses and personally identifiable information.
- Ability to present complex findings and recommendations in a clear concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Active listening, critical thinking, good interpersonal skills and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while abiding deadlines.
- Knowledge of common institutional research reports, external surveys, governmental obligations, and ad hoc needs.
- Experience working with faculty and leadership on a university or college campus.
- Familiarity with data mining.
- Knowledge of database development and data management.
- Familiarity with data management and reporting tools such as Cognos, Stata, DB Visualizer, SQL and similar tools.
- Knowledge of higher education issues related to student success and/or first-generation, low income, and/or underrepresented minority students.
- Familiarity or experience with Activity Based Costing methods and models, predictive analytics, and/or course demand modeling.
Other Skills and Abilities: