High School Math Instructor
Specific responsibilities and expectations for a High School Mathematics Instructor at P.K. Yonge are as follows:
- Direct teaching of assigned students
- Monitoring learning progress of all students in the assigned grade level
- Administer and analyze formative assessments to monitor student progress and plan instructional shifts to increase achievement and success for all students
- Design appropriate accommodations to support academic success for a diverse group of students including both struggling and advanced learners
- Incorporate effective and innovative uses of technology to support teaching, learning, and collaboration Maintain regular parent communication (electronically, face-to-face, and conferences) Participate in teacher inquiry (research) to support continuous program improvement Commit to continuous professional learning and ongoing reflection on effectiveness of teaching practice and implemented curriculum for all students
- Algebra I, Math of College Readiness, and Statistics (Honors, Advanced Placement)
Commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
(1) a Master's degree in math education. Candidates with Bachelor's degree will be considered, but will be required to obtain a Master's degree within three years of hire
(2) Florida teaching certification
(3) excellent oral and written communication skills
(4) demonstrated commitment to diversity and effective strategies for motivating and teaching students with differing abilities from a variety of backgroundsPreferred Qualifications: 3+ years of high school teaching experience Special Instructions to Applicants:
The anticipated start date is
August 1st, 2017. This position is a 10-month appointment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.ufl.edu and submit:
- A cover letter or letter of application
- A complete curriculum vitae with contact information for professional references
- Three letters of recommendation providing evidence of effective teaching experience and ongoing collaboration with teaching colleagues.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.Health Assessment Required: