Marketing Specialist for the Arts
This position reports to the Director of Marketing Communications, who oversees marketing and branding for the entire institution. While a fully-integrated member of the College marketing team, it is essential that this individual also have a very close working relationship with the Conservatory and Arts Division. The primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, coordination and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan for all programs and constituencies for the Arts at Wheaton College including: the Artist Series, Community School of the Arts, student and faculty recitals, music tours and concerts, theater programming, art gallery programming and recruitment for the Conservatory in collaboration with undergraduate admissions.
- Conduct market research as necessary to identify opportunities to gain maximum exposure on and off campus.
- Create, drive, and measure the effectiveness of the marketing and communication strategies that fully align with the overall marketing goals for Wheaton College.
- Conduct focus groups and other necessary research prior to execution to test the strategies.
- Interact with faculty, admissions staff and current students on a regular basis in order to identify potential stories to share with constituents.
- Develop content for web pages. This includes regularly updating text, photography, video, and forms.
- Write copy, coordinate design and production of all print collateral and on-line material.
- Manage marketing and communication budget.
- Drive social media marketing for Conservatory recruitment.
- Regularly attend marketing’s social media meetings to share story ideas and collaborate with fellow marketing team members.
- Regularly participate in the Arts faculty/staff meetings.
- Supervise student workers, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three-five years leading measurably successful marketing initiatives.
- BA required.
- Experience in the arts and/or higher education preferred.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Outstanding project management.
- Gifted collaborator.
- Passionate about the mission of Wheaton College and the arts.