APPLICATION DEVELOPER SR
Duties: We are looking for a senior Research Developer to join the Wharton Research and Analytics team. This position will be dedicated to the Wharton People Analytics initiative, and as such will be responsible for the development, monitoring, and maintenance of software solutions in support of their research. Specifically, you will build research applications across a broad array of research methods including end-to-end web applications, data modeling, simulations, and the collection and analysis of structured and unstructured data. You will manage your own projects working closely the rest of the Research Programming team. Responsibilities include providing support, occasionally after business hours. You must ensure adherence to technical, quality assurance, data integrity, and security standards.
This position requires a devotion to teamwork, an eagerness to learn about different domains, and a passion for software development. We welcome applicants with programming experience in any language.
This is a senior-level position, you will be responsible for project management, client communications, technical writing and applying best practices in various software development methodologies. You should be experienced with: version-control, automated testing, code reuse, code refactoring, and programming frameworks. You will be responsible for coordinating your own projects, creating documentation, leveraging appropriate programming frameworks and for making sure there are automated tests for your work.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Creative problem solving skills and strong analytical skills required
* Manage large volumes of experimental data
HTML5/CSS3. Possible use of NodeJS/Mongo + Angular or React.
* Keeps abreast of technology trends required
* Demonstrated ability to learn new skills both technical and non-technical and the desire to continue doing so required
* Solid knowledge about relational databases, NoSQL data stores, database design and querying required
* Recent demonstrated experience in needs assessment required
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively within tight turnaround schedules required
* Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills and interpersonal skills required
* Experience with modern MVC programming frameworks, advanced SQL, version control, automated testing required
* Experience with project management and client communications required
* Ability to work under tight timelines while juggling multiple priorities. Self-starter able to own projects from idea to implementation.
* Systems administration experience
* Experience with Python a plus.
* Polyglot programming skills and open-source software contributions a plus
* Previous experience with academic research a plus
* Previous experience with AWS or other cloud architectures a plus
Reference Number: 07-24821
Salary Grade: D
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology