Research Program Officer
Working Title: Research Program Officer
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Psychiatric Medicine
Posting Date: 01-19-2017
The University of Virginia's Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences is seeking a Research Program Officer to lead the administrative operations of the UVA Center for Behavioral Health and Technology (CBHT). The Research Program Officer will assist in the establishment of an administrative infrastructure for the Center and provide general management of the Center's fiscal, research, and administrative activities. In addition, the Program Officer will provide support to the Center Director in creating a vision for and implementation of strategic program development; help formulate program strategies and goals, assist with long-term planning, and develop policies and procedures; serve as a principal liaison between the Center, University leadership, and outside entities to establish the associations necessary to enhance the Center as a worldwide leader in the field of eHealth.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree. If no degree, applicants must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience working in research administration. With a degree, applicants must have a minimum of four years relevant experience working in research administration.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of specific and multiple areas of research and mastery of program information, with the ability to synthesize expertise into team management and program design.
2. Demonstrate exceptional decision-making skills, from financial, administrative, and regulatory standpoints, exercising objectivity and independent judgment, and strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
3. Ability to translate complex information within a milieu of knowledge of federal, state and University's rules, regulations and policies.
4. Ability to design, manage, and implement University programs to fulfill state and federal policies and regulations.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrates masterful sophistication in all communication efforts with proven ability to communicate information to all levels of the institution, including University leadership, faculty, management, staff, and other community members.
7. Ability to plan and direct the overall administration of research programs including budgetary components.
8. Demonstrate ability to manage risk, identify areas of exposure, and implement solutions, as needed.
9. Ability to build relationships with those within the Center and University, as well as those outside of the University, on both a national and international level.
10. Ability to effectively build teams and collaborate, creating a positive, productive work environment that empowers others and fosters the development of employees as well as the mission and goals of the Center and University.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80949