Admin Support Coord 12 Mo
Admin Support Coord 12 Mo
Job ID: 101907
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Job Grade: Coordinator I
Salary and Hours Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary Range: $2,846.00 - $4,619.00 Monthly
Recruitment / Hiring Range: $2,846.00 - $4,000.00 Monthly Job Summary The Administrative Support Coordinator I (ASC I) provides a broad range of administrative support for the Executive Director for University Initiatives and Student Success and the Executive Director of Diversity. Administrative support projects often involve coordinating, prioritizing, and monitoring through their completion with accountability for end results and work performed by others. Day-to-day work is performed independently under general supervision. Work is supervised in terms of overall accomplishments
The responsibilities include: scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars, arranging travel, budgetary and fiscal responsibilities, program support, and office coordination. The incumbent is expected to work effectively and collaboratively under pressure with frequent interruptions while prioritizing assignments to meet deadlines. The position requires a professional and dependable, well-organized individual with initiative, good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills capable of successfully interacting with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
For more information on the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, visit www.csus.edu/diversity.
For more information on the President's Office, visit www.csus.edu/about/universityleadership/index.html. Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require knowledge of business mathematics beyond basis arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Required Qualifications Experience:
1. Experience providing administrative support and office coordination in a high level administrative environment.
2. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
3. Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems and packages.
4. Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
5. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
6. Ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
7. Ability to recognize discrepancies and take initiative to reconcile accounts and invoices, such as hotel bills, purchase orders, and supplies.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous interruptions while maintaining a professional atmosphere and exercising tact and good judgment.
9. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
10. Effective written and verbal communication skills
11. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
12. Ability to maintain webpages
13. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, and students and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality Preferred Qualifications 15. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
16. Experience using university systems such as Common Management Systems (CMS)/Common Financial Systems (CFS) (PeopleSoft) for requisitions, travel, visitor parking; COGNOS/Sac Vault, Data Warehouse, License/Certification Must possess a valid State of California driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record required. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS) Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, February 1, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Candidate must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical assistance with the application, please contact our IT help desk at 916.278.7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/