Department Faculty - BA Psych
Work From Home
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Position Summary: Department Faculty Member - BA Program
The Bachelors of Psychology program is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join our Online Campus as a Departmental Faculty member. The position will join our current dynamic faculty who are utilizing the engaged practitioner model to facilitate our undergraduate courses. We offer a wide range of undergraduate courses that prepare our undergraduate students for sought-after careers in psychology as well as for a seamless transition into our graduate program upon completion of their Bachelor's degree.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach 18 credit hours spread throughout the academic year
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and practices
- Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via online classroom, phone, and email
- Hold office hours for enrolled students on a weekly basis via video conferencing
- Make a positive impact on learner retention and persistence
- Contribute to curriculum and course development
- Remain current in field of study/teaching expertise and suggest updates to online course content to reflect knowledge updates
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Participate in mentoring of new and adjunct BA Faculty members
- Engage yearly in scholarship activities
- Serve on one Institutional committee
- Engage in administrative activities as deemed necessary by the Department Chair
- Advanced degree in Psychology is required. Doctoral degree in Psychology, is preferred. Fields similar to Psychology will also be considered.
- Prior teaching experience at the undergraduate level is a must.
- Professional experience in the field of psychology or a similar field is required.
- Familiarity with online learning tools and systems
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu