Program Assistant (Atchison County - Effingham, Kansas)
General Description of Position: Full-time Program Assistant serving Atchison County communities. Plan and deliver community based nutrition education targeting limited resource adults. Expand community partnerships related to this focus. . B.S. in education, family consumer sciences, dietetics or related field required.Coordinate plan and assist K-State Research and Extension county office Family and Consumer Sciences agent with the promotion of the Family Nutrition Program (FNP). Expand the FNP program to include new collaborating agencies that focus on nutrition education of low income audiences. Coordinate delivery of the FNP through development of contacts with local social service agencies, school districts and other community agencies. Deliver nutrition education to eligible clients. Job Description: - Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver nutrition education programming to limited resource groups and individuals.
- Develop partnerships and contacts with local service agencies, school districts and other community agencies. Serve as public relations representative for FNP program.
- Participate in local community collation/collaborations that would benefit nutrition education of limited resource clients.
- Gather data and compile county FNP reports and records for submission to the state FNP office. Gather data and compile monthly and yearly board reports. Attend FNP training
Required Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Family Consumer Sciences or closely related field.
- Valid driver's license, car insurance and reliable transportation.
- Capable of transporting equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in delivery of educational programs
Screening of Applications Begin: Screening of application begins November 15, 2016. For Additional Information: Contact K-State Research & Extension - Atchison County. www.atchison.ksre.edu Salary Range / Pay Rate: $ 15.00 per hour Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.