Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Working Title: Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
Posting Date: 09-30-2016
The Office of the Provost seeks an Assistant Vice Provost who will support the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs in advancing the University's priorities and goals in the area of academic affairs. The Vice Provost for Academic Affairs serves as chief advisor to and representative of the Executive Vice President and Provost in academic matters related to the curriculum and general health and welfare of the academic units. Areas of responsibility include academic planning and program review, institutional accreditation, enrollment management, high impact experiences for undergraduate students, total advising, and the coordination of additional academic activities with other University leaders.
The Assistant Vice Provost will play a critical role in completing and/or coordinating projects and ensuring appropriate communication and coordination across initiatives in support of the Vice Provost's goals, including conducting policy and procedural analysis, synthesizing results, verifying appropriate completion of tasks, promoting needed coordination across units, identifying solutions required to move an initiative forward and tracking progress.
The Assistant Vice Provost will assume responsibility for a range of executive, administrative, and programmatic duties which will vary in scope and level of complexity. Activities will include, but are not limited to:
- develop, execute, and assess projects related to University priorities in academic affairs;
- solicit and analyze information and data from multiple offices and individuals;
- conduct surveys of and research on peer institutions with regards to plans, policies, and metrics; and.
- represent the vice provost for academic affairs in meetings and on task forces both within and outside of the University.
The Assistant Vice Provost will work with the Vice Provost on a daily basis and will also function, where appropriate, independently or with a minimal level of direction.
Experience & Qualifications
- Advanced degree required with a minimum of three years of experience in a higher education environment
- Record of building, leading, and assessing projects and programs in a university environment; experience with projects and programs within the area of academic affairs preferred.
- Ability to engage, work collaboratively and effectively, and build consensus and collegiality with the diverse constituencies from various backgrounds at the University (students, faculty, and staff)
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication ability as well as graphic presentation skills with a demonstrated commitment to accuracy, details and deadlines.
- Proficient in computer applications with working knowledge of various database and software programs and ability to use tools to craft reports, as needed.
- A clear understanding of, and commitment to, the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and academic programs
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, or to provide direct administrative support, as needed.
Application review will begin on November 1, 2016.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
-Ability to engage, work collaboratively and effectively, and build consensus and collegiality with the diverse constituencies from various backgrounds at the University (students, faculty, and staff)
-Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication ability as well as graphic presentation skills with a demonstrated commitment to accuracy, details and deadlines.
-Ability to work independently or as part of a team, or to provide direct administrative support, as needed.
-Ability to prioritize, schedule, track, and manage multiple activities and projects
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80260