ADMIN COORDINATOR, WHARTON FUND
Duties: The Administrative Coordinator position reports to the Director of the Wharton Fund in External Affairs. This is an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team that raises unrestricted dollars for the school. Aide in all aspects of the Wharton Fund including Reunion Weekend and the corresponding campaigns, Class Gift, and marketing and communications. A key function is to organize and produce weekly acknowledgements letters for Wharton Fund gifts. Also aide in maintaining and updating the Wharton Fund calendar as well as assist Wharton Fund staff on their travel expenses and trip planning. Keeps inventory of stationary, gifts for donors, printed materials and conference materials, and buys accordingly. Must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Possible supervision of work study students for the Wharton Fund.
Specific responsibilities are:
* Manages entire gift acknowledgement process for the Wharton Annual Fund. Making sure that Wharton Fund donors are thanked and recorded correctly in the system
* Maintains and updates Wharton Fund staff travel calendar
* Coordinates the administrative needs for members of the Wharton Fund, including but not limited to: coordinating travel arrangements for frontline fundraisers, managing travel reimbursements, maintaining and organizing the Director's calendar, preparing for team meetings, and answering calls
* Provides supervision to a work students
* Manages the budget in coordination with the Director
* Attends scheduled annual giving meetings and works with annual giving colleagues at the University
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A high school diploma and 5-7 years of administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Excellent decision making and ability to work independently with limited supervision. Expertly skilled in office procedures. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and presentations simultaneously with tight deadlines is required. Highly competent with computer software: Microsoft Office (work processing, spreadsheets, mail merges, and presentation products). Experience with customer relationship databases is desired. Excellent written and oral communication skills required, strong organizational skills and experience handling large amounts of complex information. Must have the ability to handle sensitive material and information confidentially. Have the ability to work as a team player and provide occasionally evening or weekend work. A desire to be in higher-ed is preferred.
Reference Number: 07-22964
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: External Affairs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative