Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The office of Finance and Administration is recruiting for a Budget Analyst. The Budget Analyst contributes to the preparation, tracking, analyzing, projecting, and reporting of the university annual budget. This position advises, consults, and supports the campus community in the budget development process and works to ensure that budget plans are sound and that actual activity is within budget. The Budget Analyst participates in special projects and analyses in the context of budget planning, strategic planning, capital planning, and fundraising initiatives.
Essential functions of the Budget Analyst include, but not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of budgets, multi-year forecasts, and analyses to be used for planning and decision making.
- Run and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports; assist in preparation of management information reports and metrics for senior management.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate budget data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and documentation of budget commitments.
- Perform ad hoc analyses of data or issues as assigned; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Review and analyze budget requests from campus units, identify issues and prepare budget transfers as needed.
- Understand and participate in cross training to serve as a back-up to others on the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field is required. We also require 5 years of related financial, accounting, and planning experience.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please set-up an account in our online recruiting system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.