Director, The Wittenberg Fund
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Advancement office is recruiting for a Director of the Wittenberg Fund. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Advancement and is responsible for overseeing all functions, programs, campaigns and activities of The Wittenberg Fund including program creation, setting fundraising schedules and managing direct mail, web, email and social media in order to increase annual giving to the University. The Director will manage a personal portfolio of 100 constituents, supervise staff and student employees, and manage all responsibilities associated with a supervisory position.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an annual plan for The Wittenberg Fund including the strategies for segmentation and the design/execution of solicitation communications to alumni, parents and friends.
- Supervise the Assistant Director who is responsible for phonathon, reunion giving, GOLD giving, and on-campus philanthropy (Tiger Club).
- Oversee and manage The Parents Fund communications and solicitations.
- Manage the Benjamin Prince Society program which includes an annual event at Homecoming and various chapter city events. Work with Stewardship coordinator on establishing donor benefits, first time donor recognition and loyalty donor program.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 constituents, create solicitation plan for each individual, schedule meetings, plan travel, document contacts, create profiles and ensure proper follow up.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities and requests from both internal and external constituents, follow up to credit card processing issues, trouble-shooting with donors, serve as front line to donors inquiring about stock transfers and over-the-phone transactions.
- Manage Alumni and Senior Brick program.
- Run weekly and monthly benchmark reports and submit departmental updates to VP of Advancement.
- Continually research best practices for Annual Giving strategies by attending conferences and networking with peer institutions.
A bachelor's degree is required, master's degree preferred. Additionally, we require 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.