Grand Valley State University
GRAND VALLEY WAS NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S 100 BEST COLLEGE BUYS FOR THE 22ND YEAR IN A ROW.
- $282 million in financial aid awarded
- $84 million of that aid was in the form of scholarships and grant assistance
- 8,275 students participating in internships, co-ops, practica, and student teaching
- 11,700+ employment and internship opportunities listed with GVSU Career Center
- 1,100+ employers participating in career events
- Middle 50% of Fall 2016 entering class earned high school GPAs from 3.3–3.9, ACT scores of 21–26 and SAT scores of 1050 to 1220
- 250+ sustainability-related courses offered at Grand Valley
- One of the greenest universities in the nation, according to the Sierra Club
- 48.6 percent decrease in use of water, 35 percent decrease in natural gas and 28.7 percent decrease in electricity during the past 15 years at Grand Valley
- 26 LEED-certified buildings completed at Grand Valley
- Gold status and seventh in the nation for master's-level institutions, according to the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- 250+ energy-saving projects carried out by GVSU in the last 15 years, resulting in more than $2 million in annual cost avoidances.
Established: Grand Valley State University was chartered by the Michigan legislature in 1960 in response to the need for a public, four-year college in the state's second largest metropolitan region.
Mission: Education students to shape their lived, their professions, and their societies. The university contributes to the enrichment of society through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service.
President: Thomas J. Haas
Board of Trustees:
- Victor M. Cardenas
- Randall S. Damstra
- David S. Hooker
- John C. Kennedy (chair)
- Mary L. Kramer (vice chair)
- John G. Russell
- Megan S. Sall
- Kate Pew Wolters
- Thomas J. Haas (ex officio)
- Donna K. Brooks, (honorary life member)
- Dorothy A. Johnson, (honorary life member)
Accreditation: Grand Valley is accredited by The Higher Llearning Commission; Member - North Central Association, 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411; telephone: (312) 263-0456; Web: www.hlcommission.org
Get job alerts from Grand Valley State University straight to your inbox