St. Edward's University
About St. Edward's University
St. Edward’s University: One of America’s Best Colleges
St. Edward’s is a dynamic, nationally ranked, Catholic university where teaching, learning, leadership and service come together to contribute to a better world. For more than a decade, we’ve been named one of “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report. Located in the thriving city of Austin, Texas, with partner universities in 16 countries, our impact extends across the globe.
An Education for Today and a Lifetime
St. Edward’s offers an extraordinary educational environment that challenges, inspires and empowers students to make a difference in their world. Our academic community is dedicated to providing undergraduate, graduate and adult-learner degree programs that meet the demands of our times, preparing students to lead and succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, our liberal arts education emphasizes critical thinking, ethical reasoning and multicultural understanding. Students enjoy the advantages of small classes and personal attention coupled with innovative facilities and advanced technology. And they benefit from valuable real-world experience through research, internships, service and study abroad. Through the abundant learning opportunities a St. Edward’s education provides, our students gain the knowledge and skills they need to pursue fulfilling careers and purposeful lives.
Quick Facts About St. Edward’s
- 13:1 Student-faculty Ratio
- 18 Average class size
- 50+ Undergraduate areas of study
- 7 Graduate degree programs
- 10 Adult undergraduate programs
- 4,620 Students enrolled
- 4,023 Undergraduate students
- 54 Countries represented
Our Achievements Draw National Recognition
A commitment to students, faculty and a stellar academic environment that’s second to none has placed St. Edward’s in the national spotlight.
- Since 2003, St. Edward’s has consistently been recognized in the top 25 of U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of “America’s Best Colleges.” Currently, we’re 13th among universities in the Western Region.
- Forbes, Princeton Review and Washington Monthly include St. Edward’s on their lists of the best universities in the country.
- We’ve recently been ranked one of the top 10 “Best Colleges in Texas” by two highly respected college assessment groups: College Factual (2015) and Niche (2016).
- St. Edward’s has been named the nation’s top producer of U.S. Fulbright Students among master’s-granting institutions in 2015–2016. For the last six years, St. Edward’s has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Students, with a record 13 finalists and 10 winners in 2015. Since 2004, our students have won 37 Fulbright grants.
Strategic Planning Guides Our Success
From 1999 to 2015, St. Edward’s increased overall enrollment by 25%. And our donors contributed more than $152 million during that time. This record generosity helped grow our endowment to more than $95 million and provided important funding for new buildings and capital improvements. See how we’re continuing the momentum of that success in the years ahead. Read about our strategic priorities for 2018.
We welcome your application. Apply now!
This text was updated April 2016.
6 jobs with St. Edward's University
Environmental Education CoordinatorWild Basin Creative Research Center, St. Edward's UniversityOverviewWild Basin Creative Research Center seek...
&#9;Network Administrator III&#9;Digital Infrastructure - Network Services&#9;&#9;Overview&#9;The Network Administrator III ins...
Executive Assistant to the Director of the Kozmetsky Center OverviewThe Kozmetsky Center, located within St. Edward's University, is currently ...
&#9;Director of Digital InfrastructureSt. Edward's University invites applications for the position of Director of Digital Infrastructure. ...
&#9;Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics&#9;The Bill Munday School of BusinessThe Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward's U...
Assistant Professor of CounselingMaster of Arts in Counseling (MAC) ProgramSt. Edward's University invites applications for appointment as a fu...