Sinclair Community College
About Sinclair Community College
Sinclair began in 1887 as YMCA Secretary David A. Sinclair's dream to provide a quality program of practical education for area residents. Since its inception, the institution has been a reflection of Montgomery County and its people and has played a significant role in the growth and development of the community. Sinclair has been recognized for its ongoing tradition of growth, change, development, and continued high standards of educational excellence. Its most important tradition, however, has been one of service to area residents and employers by providing realistic educational opportunities with excellence in an ever-changing, technology-oriented world.
Sinclair's academic excellence has been acknowledged on an ongoing basis by accolades from accrediting and higher education governing bodies. In 1989, Sinclair was selected for membership in the prestigious League for Innovation in the Community College, and, in 2001, became one of the League’s elite Vanguard Colleges. "Vanguard" is a term designated by the League to recognize the top twelve two-year institutions in North America that focus constantly on student and learner access and success.
Did You Know?
- Sinclair's student/faculty ratio of 19 to 1, among the lowest at Ohio's colleges, allows students to receive more individual attention.
- Sinclair is the largest regional provider of online education, with more than 180 different online courses.
- Nine of our students have made the Academic All-American First Team for Community, Technical and Junior Colleges—more than at any other community college.
- Sinclair offers the lowest tuition rate in Ohio.
- Sinclair faculty are consistently awarded for their teaching excellence.
- With more than 40 clubs and organizations, Sinclair's campus life is active and vibrant.
This employer is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search?