A Tradition of Excellence in Central Florida
What started in 1965 as a few portable classrooms huddled in a former citrus grove is now Seminole State College (SSC) of Florida, one of the nation’s fastest growing colleges, with six sites spanning Seminole County and enrollment exceeding 30,000. Seminole State College of Florida is a full-service education provider, offering more than 190 degrees and programs including; six bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing education and professional development; adult education; an array of culturally stimulating events and guest speakers plus DirectConnect to UCF and a first of its kind partnership with Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen Scotland offering a Master’s Degree in International Business.
For over 50 years, SSC has thrived by adapting to and meeting the needs of an every-changing vibrant community. By offering flexible, affordable, high-quality educational programs and services, the College continues to provide students and area residents with a multitude of resources. Now and in the years to come opportunities for personal growth abound at Seminole State.
Seminole State College is located in Seminole County, Florida within the greater Orlando metropolitan area. The main campus located 15 miles north of Orlando, features 200 acres of beautiful, rolling countryside, and is bordered by Sanford to the north and Lake Mary to the west. The campus is home to various academic programs, the Wayne M. Densch Partnership Center, Center for Public Safety, CFADA Professional Automotive Training Center, Center for Fine and Performing Arts, Raider Athletics, and Grindle Honors Institute. Other campus locations include:
- Oviedo, located just three miles north of the University of Central Florida is situated on 180 secluded acres including a 120 acre nature preserve, academic programs, adult education, and Grindle Honors Institute.
- Heathrow, Center for Economic Development located in the heart of the the I-4 high tech corridor and partners with the region’s economic development leaders to meet the demands of the Central Florida workforce offering state of the art classrooms and labs for the School of Engineering, Design, and Construction.
- Altamonte Springs, located in the highly populated and rapidly expending area of Southwest Seminole County is home to the College’s high-tech, cutting edge healthcare programs, labs and technology enhanced classrooms.
- Geneva is home to Seminole County’s only fully operational Public Safety Training Complex and Driving Track.
- Port of Sanford is the home of the Seminole Technology Business Incubator Center.
SSC Points of Pride:
- We are the ninth largest of the 28 Colleges in the Florida College System with students from 35 states and 86 countries
- We are recognized as a STEM JobsSM Approved College in 2015 and 2016 including a “Top 5 Industry Award for geoscience.
- Our partnerships with Seminole County Public Schools and UCF are considered national models
- Our nursing grads continue to exceed the state and national licensure exam passing averages for the last five years
- We are the fifteenth largest producer in the US of AA/Liberal Arts Degrees (Community College Week rankings)
- Since 2006, 15 of our students have earned the prestigious Jack Kent Cook Scholarship including a record tying four scholarships awarded in 2015
- We are the recipient of the 2016 Corporate Champion of Change Award from The Beacon Network, Inc.
- We are a recipient of the 2016 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award for the third straight year
- We are the recipient of the 2017 and 2016 World at Work Seal of Distinction
- We are the Official Education Partner of Orlando City Soccer
- WE ARE SEMINOLE STATE COLLEGE OF FLORIDA … GO STATE GO FAR!