is an independent, undergraduate, coeducational institution with historic ties to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Founded in 1848 to provide a liberal arts education in the Judeo-Christian humanistic tradition, Muhlenberg iscommitted to the highest standards of academic integrity and excellence
. Located in Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh Valley, the college is 90 miles west of New York City and approximately 55 miles north of Philadelphia. Muhlenberg offers programs in the humanities, the natural and social sciences and in professional areas such as business, education, pre-medical, pre-theological and pre-law studies. Currently, the following departments host the greatest number of majors: Biology, Theatre & Dance, Accounting, Business & Economics (ABE), Psychology, English, and Media and Communication.
The College offers competitive salaries and a wide array of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance (college pays 80% of the premium for individual or family coverage)
- Dental Insurance (voluntary plan available the first day of the month following hire)
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance after one year of service at no cost to employee
- TIAA-CREF retirement annuity contribution (10% college contribution) after 2 years of service, with no service requirement if you are currently enrolled in an annuity plan to which your employer is contributing. No employee contribution is required.
- Tuition remission plans for family members after 2 years of service, including Tuition Exchange Incorporated scholarship certification (visit www.tuitionexchange.org for a list of participating colleges) for dependent children.
For information on all of our current openings, please visit http://jobs.muhlenberg.edu
An equal opportunity employer, Muhlenberg College is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education. For additional information about Muhlenberg's commitment to diversity and inclusion, applicants can find the 2015 updates to the College's Diversity Strategic Plan at this link: http://www.muhlenberg.edu/media/contentassets/pdf/president/initiatives/update-042015.pdf