Grand Valley State University
About Grand Valley State University
- $282 million in financial aid awarded
- $84 million of that aid was in the form of scholarships and grant assistance
- 8,275 students participating in internships, co-ops, practica, and student teaching
- 11,700+ employment and internship opportunities listed with GVSU Career Center
- 1,100+ employers participating in career events
- Middle 50% of Fall 2016 entering class earned high school GPAs from 3.3–3.9, ACT scores of 21–26 and SAT scores of 1050 to 1220
- 250+ sustainability-related courses offered at Grand Valley
- One of the greenest universities in the nation, according to the Sierra Club
- 48.6 percent decrease in use of water, 35 percent decrease in natural gas and 28.7 percent decrease in electricity during the past 15 years at Grand Valley
- 26 LEED-certified buildings completed at Grand Valley
- Gold status and seventh in the nation for master's-level institutions, according to the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- 250+ energy-saving projects carried out by GVSU in the last 15 years, resulting in more than $2 million in annual cost avoidances.
Established: Grand Valley State University was chartered by the Michigan legislature in 1960 in response to the need for a public, four-year college in the state's second largest metropolitan region.
Mission: Education students to shape their lived, their professions, and their societies. The university contributes to the enrichment of society through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service.
President: Thomas J. Haas
Board of Trustees:
- Victor M. Cardenas
- Randall S. Damstra
- David S. Hooker
- John C. Kennedy (chair)
- Mary L. Kramer (vice chair)
- John G. Russell
- Megan S. Sall
- Kate Pew Wolters
- Thomas J. Haas (ex officio)
- Donna K. Brooks, (honorary life member)
- Dorothy A. Johnson, (honorary life member)
Accreditation: Grand Valley is accredited by The Higher Llearning Commission; Member - North Central Association, 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411; telephone: (312) 263-0456; Web: www.hlcommission.org
15 jobs with Grand Valley State University
The Board of Trustees of Grand Valley State University seeks the institution’s fifth president, following the announced retirement of President Tho...
Required Qualifications and Education: Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in communications, technology or media, or other r...
Required Qualifications and Education: Master of Business Administration or related degree from an AACSB accredited institution or equivalent. Fi...
Required Qualifications and Education: Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program and internship. Licensed (o...
Required Qualifications: Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Management, Business, or closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution by August ...
Position Title: Adjunct Part-time Instructor for Outdoor Skills Class in the Department of Movement Science for the Fitness, Skill, and Activity (...
Position Title: Adjunct Part-time Instructors in the Department of Movement Science for the Fitness, Skill, and Activity (FIT) Program (semester b...
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of two years athletic ticketing experience. Demonstrates ability to prioritize work, handle ...
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Two years’ experience working digital media and graphic design. Experience working with graphic design...
Required Qualifications and Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Knowledge of immunization guidelines for healthcare workers. Excellent compu...
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required and experience working with students in a college setting. Preferred Qualifications: Ma...
Required Qualifications and Education: Bachelor’s degree or completion of an apprenticeship/journeyman program, or an equivalent combination of te...
Overview Grand Valley State University is a comprehensive university with an enrollment of over 25,000 on its two main campuses in Allendale, MI an...
Required Qualifications: Candidates must possess a Master's or PhD degree in Applied Economics, or a Master's in Business Administration (or equiva...
Required Qualifications and Education: Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, be licensed to practice as a Registered ...