Colorado Mountain College
About Colorado Mountain College
Colorado Mountain College has eleven locations across 12,000 square miles in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. It’s the perfect place to begin an education and explore options for the future.
We offer bachelor’s degrees, liberal arts and science associates degrees, certificate programs, occupational training, lifelong learning and customized business training.
The Aspen Institute College Excellence Program has recognized CMC as in the top 13% of two-year colleges in the U.S. for exceptional student performance and outcomes. The college was also ranked #17 in the nation by CNN/Money for student success among more than 800 two-year colleges. And CMC was rated #1 among Colorado’s two-year colleges for graduation plus transfer rates.
Size & Coverage
- Founded 1965: Classes started 1967
- College type: Public bachelor’s and associate’s degree-granting institution
- Governance: locally-controlled, property tax-supported college, governed by a seven member elected board of trustees
- Accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission
- Economic Impact: 1,178 FTE jobs in the nine-county region, $46.2 million in earnings; and $65.4 million in regional economic output annually
- Colorado Mountain College Foundation: Assets are $14 million, largest gift $4 million, total raised since incorporation $36.9 million, governed by 15 directors who are also generous donors
- District & service area: 12,000 square miles
- Counties served: 9 including Eagle, Grand, Jackson, Lake, Garfield, Pitkin, Summit, Chaffee, Routt
- Number of students attending annually: Over 20,400
- Full-time faculty: 112
- College-wide student/teacher ratio: 12 to 1
- CMC ranked #17 out of nearly 800 community colleges in the country for successful graduation and transfer rates— CNN/Money
- Third most affordable public four-year degree in the country— U.S. Department of Education
- The Isaacson School for New Media is named for digital communications pioneer and author Walter Isaacson
- Eight athletes competing in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games studied at Colorado Mountain College
- First Ski and Snowboard Business degree and first national certification for snowsports sales, marketing and retail in partnership with SnowSports Industries America (SIA)
- America’s only certification in ski lift & ropeway maintenance
- Veterinary Technology graduates had a 100% pass rate on the Veterinary Technician National Examination for three of the past five years
- Culinary students have been Colorado State Champions seven times
- Professional Photography students have won awards at the prestigious annual College Photographer of the Year Awards for the past three years
- Programs in Sustainability Studies
- Resort Management Professor Terry Hunter was honored with the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s national award for hospitality training and education
- CMC generates 220 kilowatts of solar-powered electricity with five on-campus photovoltaic installations
- CMC has signed the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment and has committed to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050
Enrollment & Graduation Statistics
Top degree programs by enrollment:
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Associate of Arts in Business (AA)
- Associate of General Studies (AGS)
- Emergency Medical Tech Basic (COP)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BS)
3,785 full-time credit students
Average part-time student: 38 years of age
Average full-time student: 24 years of age
85% of students are from Colorado
Workforce training and Customized Business Services trained 1,200 people during 2012-13 in supervisory & leadership skills, computers, workplace team-building, CPR certification, and more.
Colorado Mountain College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Find out about current full time openings at CMC: www.coloradomtn.edu/employment
2 jobs with Colorado Mountain College
The College Colorado Mountain College (CMC) is a local district college with 11 campus locations spanning 12,000 square miles of the picturesque ce...
Colorado Mountain College is seeking an experienced paramedic with dynamic teaching skills for a full time, 12 month/year-round position to begin n...