About Albion College
An independent, coeducational, residential college in south-central Michigan, Albion is committed to the liberal arts tradition. Founded in 1835 and historically related to the United Methodist Church, the College is dedicated to preserving the values of the past, to serving the needs of the present, and to anticipating the goals of the future.
Albion College is nationally recognized for its academic excellence in the liberal arts tradition, a learning-centered commitment, and a future-oriented perspective. The College is a leader in preparing students to anticipate, solve, and prevent problems in order to improve the human and global condition. The College immerses students in the creation and processing of knowledge, and graduates skilled architects of societal change, active citizens, and future leaders.
Albion College is an undergraduate, liberal arts institution committed to academic excellence. We are learning-centered and recognize that valuable learning takes place in and outside the classroom, on and off campus. We prepare students to translate critical thought into action.
As a measure of Albion College’s commitment to our students, our public, and the liberal arts tradition, the vision espouses deeply-embedded core values.
- An intellectually challenging and diverse community of learners, teachers, scholars, and thinkers who share and promote a passion for learning and innovation in teaching and scholarship;
- Our passionate, loyal, and committed alumni;
- Diversity as an expression and affirmation of the human condition and as a source of strength and celebration for all members of the community;
- Fairness, justice, ethical development, and personal responsibility;
- Small classes and personal attention in a residential undergraduate environment where the daily interaction of faculty, staff, and students fosters critical thinking, advances knowledge through collaborative scholarship, respects academic freedom, and inspires lifelong learning;
- Disciplinary and interdisciplinary study;
- Intellectual, personal, social, ethical, and spiritual development within our local and global communities that prepares graduates for productive lives and careers; a breadth and depth of opportunities and experiences; and, the drive to help each other make meaningful and educated contributions to our world;
- Effective stewardship of all our resources—physical, intellectual, environmental, human, and financial; we strive to make decisions that are fiscally responsible;
- Opportunities for collegiality based on shared interests for the common good that lead to rich friendships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the greater Albion community.
Albion is dedicated to the highest quality in undergraduate education and committed to diversity as a core institutional value. The College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is especially interested in candidates who will contribute to a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
7 jobs with Albion College
The Dept. of Art and Art History at Albion College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Art History beginning August 2018
Albion College invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Computer Science to begin August 2018.
Albion College invites applications for a visiting assistant professor to teach professional writing and composition
Albion College, a selective, private, residential liberal arts college, invites applications for a Residence Hall Director (RD) position.
The Department of Anthropology & Sociology at Albion College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor beginning August 2017.
Albion College invites applications for the position of Health Professions Advisor to serve as a member of the Institute for Healthcare Professions.
Albion College invites applications for the Experiential Learning Coordinator with the Institute for Healthcare Professions.