Aiken Technical College
About Aiken Technical College
Aiken Technical College is one of the 16 schools in the South Carolina Technical College System and has been serving the community for more than 30 years.
We envision Aiken Technical College as a catalyst for developing educated, engaged and employable individuals whose collective energy will be the driving force for prosperity and the quality of life in our diverse communities.
Aiken Technical College is a public, open-door, two-year, comprehensive institution of higher education established to provide citizens of greater Aiken County opportunities for educational, economic, professional, social and personal development. The College educates and trains students to provide an effective work force to support economic growth and community development through its focus on teaching and service.
Consistent with its mission and values, Aiken Technical College is dedicated to achieving the following institutional purposes in an exemplary manner:
- Secure the resources needed to support a projected annual enrollment of 3,500-4,500 credit students and 14,000 non-credit students.
- Offer associate degree, diploma and certificate programs which provide students with the knowledge and competencies necessary for initial entry into and advancement in engineering technology, industrial technology, information technology, health, environmental, business and social service careers.
- Prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions.
- Collaborate with secondary and four-year institutions to facilitate transition among educational entities.
- Construct curricula to address core competencies of written and oral communication, math, research, social/interpersonal, problem-solving, computer, and technical skills.
- Develop customized training and technical assistance for public and private sector employers to further economic growth.
- Deliver continuing education courses and special programs to address needs for occupational, vocational, and personal advancement.
- Conduct developmental education to prepare students for the college experience.
- Provide student support and counseling services to further individual student development and success.
- Assist local communities, agencies, and educational institutions to meet specific challenges.
ATC's core values define the College and provide the environment for all decisions and actions. These core values are:
- Education - Education is the key to individual, community, and economic development in a complex technological society.
- Commitment to Students - Students deserve the finest instruction, resources and services to enhance their growth and development.
- Excellence - The College promotes excellence in personnel, programs and work environment while encouraging integrity, accountability and respect for individuals.
- Community - Partnerships that develop solutions to community challenges are important to economic vitality and quality of life.
- Diversity - Respect for diversity is an important part of the educational process.
3 jobs with Aiken Technical College
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2TE17 RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Technical Education STATE CLASS: Instructor ...
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2HS17 RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Health Sciences STATE CLASSIFICATION: Instructor ...
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2GE17 RESPONSIBLE TO: Dept. Chair: Communications STATE CLASS: Instructor ...