City College was established in 1984 as Draughon’s College of Business, a branch of Draughon’s Junior College of Business founded in 1896 in Paducah, Kentucky. The College launched its first branch campus in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Since that time, the institution has grown to five campuses with an online division serving thousands of students throughout the State of Florida and globally, with its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale.
The mission of City College is to educate and train students in their chosen major for employment in specific career fields. The College awards Diplomas, Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degrees based on the student's successful completion of required coursework.
The following goals are integral to the mission of the College:
- To maintain employer satisfaction within the community by providing professionally trained and educated graduates for industry, business, health care and government.
- To encourage students to realize the importance of reaching personal and professional goals through selfmotivation, individual growth, and the pursuit of excellence.
- To prepare students for employment in specific career fields.
- To facilitate entry of graduates into their chosen careers.
- To offer sound educational programs at the Diploma, Associate's and Bachelor's degree levels.
- To continually evaluate and appraise every facet of the College's programs to ensure relevance to the needs of the employment community, effective preparation of students for success in career and compatibility with the College's standards.