This Employer's Jobs
Advice on Interviewing
for Faculty Jobs
A series of experts offer tips for what to do -- and not to do -- when you meet with search committees and department chairs. Download the free booklet here.
Today, CCC&TI offers hundreds of day and evening courses as well as online courses designed to fit any schedule or lifestyle. Students may choose from nearly 100 curriculum programs and a variety of corporate and continuing education courses, including basic skills and GED training. The college serves as a state and national model in offering a seamless education with a high school, community college and university presence all on the same property. Through cooperative efforts with the public school system and widespread support from the community, the Caldwell Campus also houses the innovative Caldwell Early College High School and Career Center Middle College. Celebrating more than 40 years of service, CCC&TI continues to make strides as a regional and state educational leader.
The mission of Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is to:
• provide accessible, quality instruction to enhance student learning;
• support economic development through comprehensive resources to business, industry, and agencies;
• offer diverse services and opportunities which improve the quality of life.
Institutional Core Values for Success
CCC&TI is committed to continuously improving both the quality of teaching and learning for our students and to improving the effectiveness of our services. As an educational community, we believe that all students, employees and supporting constituencies must have an "expectation of excellence" and must join together to improve the environment in which they work and learn. In support of these core values, we believe that:
• students must join with the faculty as colleagues in learning and should constantly evaluate their own educational progress, as well as the quality of instruction and services provided by the college;
• faculty and staff must model their willingness to improve their areas of influence and must base all planning and decisions on students' and employers' long-term best interest; and
• administrative leadership throughout the college must be diligent in seeking to remove the barriers that hinder employees from improving the teaching and learning environment and must provide the resources, training and personal support for all to be active participants in continuous improvements.
Situated on two campuses, CCC&TI's central location provides something for everyone. Located in Hudson, the Caldwell Campus is accessible to the population centers of Lenoir (5 miles) and Hickory (10 miles).
Tucked away in the northwest mountains, the college's Watauga Campus is home to spectacular views, only minutes away from the state's most challenging ski slopes and the famous Blue Ridge Parkway. The unparalleled beauty of the four seasons in both areas continually lures many regional artists and sports enthusiasts alike. Outdoor lovers will find an abundance of such recreational activities as fishing, boating, camping, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, golf and more.
For cultural enrichment, the college's J.E. Broyhill Civic Center provides a wide variety of first-rate concerts and performances throughout the year. The award-winning Foothills Performing Arts Theatre, also located on the Caldwell Campus, is rich with local talent, blending its own mix of special entertainment.