Lehigh University & Diversity
Published: Jun 21, 2018
"At Lehigh, we celebrate our diversity, and we embrace our academic, cultural, economic, and physical differences. We respect one another, we look out for one another, and we help one another succeed. These principles are not just words on paper; they are what we believe in and what we expect of our entire campus community."
—Lehigh President John D. Simon
Lehigh University rewards creativity, leadership and innovation; our commitment to excellence and intellectual curiosity is matched by our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive employee community.
- FSPN-- The Faculty/Staff Pride Network is a place of support for LGBTQ+ faculty and staff as well as allies and advocates who are interested in fostering and sustaining a welcoming and affirming climate on campus for LGBTQ+ people.
- Lehigh ADVANCE focuses on harnessing the strengths of interdisciplinarity to enhance recruitment, retention, and the advancement of women faculty in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- LUAlly -- LUally delivers skills-based, educational opportunities for the Lehigh community, while centering the philosophy that allyship is a continuous process that looks different for everyone.
- Faculty Mentoring Committee-- a university-wide system to promote programs that will enhance the success of faculty after they arrive at Lehigh, to provide new faculty members with ideas about teaching and research at Lehigh, as well as insights on life in the Lehigh Valley.
- Strategic Faculty Hiring Initiative is designed to create a more diversified faculty and to identify employment opportunities for partners/spouses of faculty candidates as well as those of current members of the faculty
- FSCN --The Faculty and Staff of Color Network offers support and resources to welcome and foster a greater sense of comm unity with faculty and staff of color on Lehigh's campus.
Lehigh University is first and foremost an educational institution, committed to developing the future leaders of our changing global society. Every member of our community has a personal responsibility to acknowledge and practice the following basic principles:
For further information, visit https://www1.lehigh.edu/diversity.