National Louis University
About National Louis University
NLU: A CHICAGO LEADER IN HIGHER EDUCATION SINCE 1886
In late nineteenth century Chicago, two extraordinary women with vision, a passion for education and a determination to make a difference in the lives of our children laid the foundation for what is today National-Louis University (NLU).
Urban education pioneer and community activist Elizabeth Harrison, together with Edna Dean Baker, created a modern university-one with deep roots in Chicago and a reputation that today extends far beyond the borders of the city it calls home.
NLU is a university committed to innovation and best practices in urban teaching and graduate education. A university that excels in creating learning communities where adult students thrive. A university with a history of access to higher education for first-generation and minority students who go on to make a difference at their jobs and in their communities. A university proud to call Chicago home.
- Private, non-profit, non-denominational
- History of progressive, student-centered education
- Colleges: 3
- National College of Education
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Management and Business
- National Rankings: NLU ranks 7th: number of master's degrees awarded in education (National Center for Education Statistics)
- Regional Rankings: 2008 U.S. News and World Report
- NLU ranks 3rd for small class size.
- Percent of NLU classes with fewer than 20 students: 91%
- State Rankings: NLU ranks 1st:number of graduate degrees in education conferred (IPEDS: Three-year period from 2003-2005)
- Golden Apple Award winners: 34. The Golden Apple Foundation honors Chicago-area classroom teachers each year with the Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching
We invite you to explore NLU to find out how we may help you attain your career goals.
12 jobs with National Louis University
The Professional eLearning Manager is responsible for the oversight and growth of Aim4Excellence, the McCormick Center’s eLearning initiative. The ...
The Student Finance Representative III is responsible for reviewing student files, evaluating financial aid applications, awarding and advising stu...
This position acts as a part of the financial aid team, importing FAFSA information from the Department of Education, performing verification, and ...
This position supports the ExceleRate Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) assessment team by conducting timely, accurate, and reliable fin...
The Technical Assistance Specialist provides evaluation of state early childhood programs. Provides evaluation of state early childhood programs ...
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Manager will work closely with Enrollment, other student-facing services, and external...
The Assessment Coordinator manages a group of assessors to ensure that scheduling is efficient and assessors are trained and meet job expecta...
Supports the General Education curriculum and program management on all campuses.
Who we are: We are a connected community working together towards the common goal of student success. In order to achieve student success, we need ...
Resident Life Assistants facilitate a healthy living and learning environment for P.A.C.E. students, while modeling and partnering with students to...
The Advisor and Career Coach provides holistic support and services to guide undergraduate students in achieving succcess at NLU by creating an aca...
The individual in this position will work to support the Director of Partnerships and Community Engagement to advance the strategic agenda of the C...