The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10180
Develops and oversees student financial aid programs in accordance with Federal/State laws and regulations and University guidelines.
- Develops and interprets financial aid polices and procedures with regard to Federal and NY State programs such s internal loan programs, all state and federal loan programs, Stafford Loans, Perkins Loans, College Work Study, and Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
- Reports on general and fiscal matters such as program expenditures, projections of full-year spending potential, and analyses of spending patterns
- Authorizes the disbursement of funds.
- Monitors compliance with Federal and State financial aid regulations, developing and implementing compliance procedures.
- Serves as College liaison to Federal, State, local and professional agencies on financial aid matters.
- Assures that the Financial Aid function works effectively with other College units (e.g., Admissions, Registrar, Bursar).
- Manages financial aid staffing, development, and evaluation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Director
Higher Education Officer
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Successful candidate will also be expected to perform the following:
- Oversee technical operations of the Financial Aid delivery systems in regards to processing applications and awarding financial aid.
- Provide oversight and direction for student communications regarding financial aid matters.
- Represent department at various campus and university Financial Aid and Enrollment Management meetings.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- Two to four years as Assistant and/or Associate Financial Aid Director experience preferred
Compensation for this position is commensurate with salary history, experience, and credentials.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on Employment
- Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information
- Click on Job Postings on CUNYFirst
- Click Search job listings
- Click on More search options
- Search by Job Opening ID number - 10180
- Click on the Apply Now button. You will be prompted to log in or to create an account
*In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references. Please upload these as ONE document in rtf, doc, or pdf format.
March 21, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.