The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 10083
Coordinates matters related to procurement under management direction.
-Maintains accounts, budgets, contracts, agreements, and documentation related to the procurement process
-Analyzes procurement practices, procedures, and responsibilities, developing process documentation and indentifying potential improvements
-Maintains College and University systems that manage and track procurement activities
-Assumes responsibility for selected procurement projects
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Finance Procurement Specialist will:
- Maintain and oversee procedures and protocols for the procurement module in CUNYfirst.
- Maintain and oversee the college's procurement and contractual functions, capital projects, OPTS expenses, and the activities related to all the Related Entities within the parameters of CUNY and NYC procurement regulations.
- Assist in the implementation of comprehensive internal controls for any new or revised purchasing procedures.
- Conduct college-wide purchasing workshops and training for administrators, chairpersons, and unit heads in understanding CUNYFirst and purchasing guidelines
- Coordinate the Board Resolution process for contracts and purchases in excess of mandated amounts.
- Monitor the preparation and the execution of formal contracts (new and renewals).
- Liaison with College, University, and governmental representatives.
- Supervise the purchasing staff to assure all activities related to goods and services are performed in accordance with the applicable guidelines and regulations.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
Experience in the public sector with progressively responsible administrative experience in a supervisory capacity in a college or university highly preferred. The successful candidate will have strong oral, written, analytical, and technology skills and demonstrated management skills. Knowledge of NYS policies and/or purchasing experience with CUNY as well as familiarity with PeopleSoft systems also preferred.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with salary history, experience, and credentials.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on Employment
- Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
- Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
- Click Search job listings
- Click on More search options
- Search by Job Opening ID number 10083
- Click on the Apply Now button. You will be prompted to log in or to create an account.
*In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references. Please upload these as ONE document in rtf, doc, or pdf format.
March 21, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.