STARS Requisition number 24353BR
Department Sch of Management
University Job Title Executive Education Programs Manager, Curriculum & Client Development
Posting Position Title Deputy Director, Executive Education
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade P6
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 250 Church
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
Position Focus: Reporting to the Assistant Dean and Director of Executive Programs, the Deputy Director, Program Management has responsibility for client relationship management and program development for the Yale School of Management's Executive Education Programs and international programs delivered in partnership with other University departments.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information
1. Serves as the primary point person for executive programs curriculum and client development processes.
2. Contributes to the operational planning and delivery of all programs.
3. Manages all operations and logistics required to support the successful delivery of on-site and off-site programs. Develops strong working relationships with school, campus and community-based business partners.
4. Directs the course content development process to ensure curricular excellence of all programs.
5. Directs the compilation, production and distribution of course materials.
6. Manages the needs analysis and content customization, including assisting in developing and writing proposals for new business opportunities.
7. Represent the University as formal host for client groups on campus and off-campus locations for executive programs.
8. Manages the formal contracting process with client partners.
9. Develops documents and refines processes and procedures to ensure consistently high quality program content development and delivery.
10. Develops and refines forecasts of instructional resource needs based on growth plans.
11. Develops business plans, budgets, and marketing and communications strategies.
12. Ensures that all program and participant records are accurate and up to date.
13. Develops budgets and monitor expenses.
14. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and ten years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Superior interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively and represent Yale, Yale SOM, and Yale Executive Programs in a professional manner with participants, faculty, administrators & corporate contacts domestically & globally in a wide variety of contexts and circumstances.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Proven ability to work within a team environment and on project teams.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Proven organizational skills, including ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously. Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Demonstrated ability to oversee and execute on operational strategic initiatives and to move a business unit, team, or organization in strategic direction.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Ability to manage budgets and P&L statements, handle complex negotiations, and strong understanding and ability to foresee analyze and understand international and domestic business trends.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Advanced degree and 15 years experience, including in academic and/or corporate education environments; direct experience working with university faculty and administration, familiarity with contemporary corporate education practices. Teaching experience in corporate environment or business school. Mandarin language skills highly preferred
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.