Wichita State University seeks an experienced, dynamic, and visionary leader to serve as Dean of the College of Education and Professor, tenured. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean serves as chief academic and administrative officer of the College of Education. The Dean's primary responsibility is to advance the academic quality and profile of the College through visionary leadership committed to strategic planning, inter-disciplinary collaboration, ethical governance, and skillful human and financial resource management. The Dean is charged with advancing the educational and research agendas of the academic units within the College and closely collaborating with the faculty to enhance the University's research production and technology transfer capacity.
• Doctoral degree from an accredited institution in discipline(s) related to one or more of the degree programs offered by the WSU College of Education.
• Distinguished record of teaching, research and service commensurate with appointment at the tenured full professor level.
• Strong administrative experience with a minimum five years at the rank of program director, department chair, or above.
• Experience or familiarity with higher education accreditation processes.
• Demonstrated ability to acquire and manage external resources through fund raising, grants, or contracts.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, working as a member of the University's senior academic leadership team consisting of the Vice President and Associate Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs, and Deans of the WSU Colleges.
• Ability and desire to work within a culture of shared governance.
• Willingness to advocate for and incorporate University systems and processes that support faculty and students.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills that leverage the expertise of faculty to enhance educational offerings at the local, regional, and state levels.
• Willingness to advocate for the development of high quality online and flexible courses, ensure continuous faculty professional development supporting quality curriculum and instruction in face-to-face, blended, and online modalities within the College.
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to develop people within teams.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to clearly articulate the nature of the College's vision to internal and external constituencies.
• An innovative and visionary leadership style.
• Prior success in leading/expanding a major program, department, or college.
• Record of recruiting and mentoring researchers, practitioners, and educators who embody high caliber professionalism and diversity.
• Experience supporting technology transfer, online curriculum, public/private partnerships, and university engagement in the external community.
• Experience working with development/fundraising personnel and alumni relations.
Start date: June 7, 2014. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin January 20, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and be able to continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by the Kansas Board of Regents policy. WSU is an AA/EEO employer. For full description of qualifications, application requirements and procedures, and to apply, go to http://jobs.wichita.edu.
For more information contact: Dr. Rodney E. Miller, Chair, College of Education Dean Search Committee, Wichita State University, Phone 316-978-3389 Email: email@example.com.