Major Duties: - The position will encompass teaching at all levels in the BFA in graphic design program and may include typography, color, visual aesthetics, graphic form, visual systems, graphic design history, interactive media, advanced problems, senior thesis projects or an opportunity to design and develop a course as a special topic.
- Depending on the candidate chosen the opportunity to serve as the Interim Director of the Design Center teaching the capstone classes Intern I and II as a transition between education and practice may be part of the teaching assignment.
- Successful candidates must be able to teach graphic design principles within a variety of media for print, digital, electronic, and environmental design projects.
- The candidate will serve on BFA committees as part of the curricular process and Frostic School of Art committees. Service on College of Fine Arts committees and University committees is also required.
Minimum Qualifications: - M.F.A. degree or International equivalent required.
- Prior teaching experience and professional design experience required.
- Areas of creative, professional, and curricular expertise and accomplishment in graphic design as visual communication should include experience working in professional practice, comprehensive knowledge of typography as information and expression; contextual history of graphic design, design writing and research, color theory, drawing, visual systems, information design, new media and interactive design.
- Successful candidates will have a strong ability to foster the experimental, collaborative, and interdisciplinary nature of graphic design and provide leadership in the discipline.
- Conceptual development and critical thinking will be evident in their teaching methodologies.
-They will be well versed in graphic design and its social, cultural, and historical context.
-They will have the ability to articulate issues of form and content as well as a comprehensive knowledge of graphic design education, methodologies, and contemporary and emerging technologies and practices.