Major Duties: - Lead development of library information technology to support the University's current and emerging research and instructional needs.
- Engage collaboratively with all units across WMU Libraries to identify and support existing needs and advance innovation.
- Lead the Libraries information technology team including Digitization, Systems and Web Operations (2 Faculty and 6 Staff members) in service-oriented technology support of Library goals.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate library technology infrastructures and services.
- Represent University Libraries to other constituencies, collaborating to support WMU's institutional goals.
- Maintain an intellectual curiosity, awareness of emerging technologies and of current issues in higher education.
Minimum Qualifications: - M.L.S. or equivalent from an ALA accredited program with additional formal education in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of six (6) years of full time experience in an academic library, demonstrating administrative responsibility, leadership and supervisory skills, strategic planning and services assessment.
- Significant IT experience with demonstrated working knowledge of library systems and relevant standards and methodologies.
- A record of accomplishment in applying emerging information technologies to library operations.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, articulate and implement a vision for information technology in an academic research library.
- Excellent communication skills including a demonstrated ability to facilitate technical communication among a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work collegially with internal and external campus constituencies.
- Strong commitment to diversity and the ability to interact effectively with diverse cultural and ethnic groups.
- Record of professional recognition that warrants appointed rank of tenured associate professor.