Major Duties: - Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Developing an active externally funded research program.
- Developing and maintaining a research facility in his or her area of expertise.
- Supervising and mentoring students.
- Contributing to success of the mission of the Michigan Geological Survey.
Minimum Qualifications: - Capable of teaching undergraduate courses in petrology/petrography, mineralogy, and general introductory geology.
- He/she will be expected to offer at least one graduate course in his/her area of expertise.
- A PhD at the time of employment is required.