Working Title: Assistant Director for Campus Activities
Posting Information: The Assistant Director for Campus Activities is a key position in the Division of Student Affairs. This position will report to the Associate Director for University Center Programs. The Assistant Director for Campus Activities serves as a member of the Office of Leadership and Student Involvement (OLSI) team and participates in the development, enrichment, and assessment of the university's vibrant and diverse community. The mission of the Office of Leadership and Student Involvement at Western Carolina University is to provide opportunities and resources for students and the university community in campus life and leadership through intentional programs and resources that facilitate holistic development.
The individual will be directly responsible for The Arts and Cultural Events (ACE) committee; which is made up of WCU students, staff, and faculty who are committed to bringing visiting performers, films & documentaries, speakers, and arts to Western Carolina University. In addition, this individual will manage and supervise the overall operations of Cats Den, a recreation and game room for the WCU community. This individual will also be responsible for the programmatic and coordination aspect of such campus activities as Week of Welcome, Valley Balley Hoo, summer programs, and programming for the students at Western Carolina University's Biltmore Park location in Asheville, NC while maintaining an overall budget of approximately $70,000.00.
1. Develop and coordinate The Arts and Cultural Events (ACE) and Cat's Den programs.
2. Directly manage and oversee the operational and programmatic budgets for ACE and Cat's Den.
3. Directly responsible for the programmatic and coordination aspect of Week of Welcome, Valley Ballyhoo, summer programs, and programming for the students at Western Carolina University at Biltmore Park.
4. Chair the Arts, Cultural, and Events (ACE) committee, which consists of faculty, staff, and students.
5. Collaborate with academic and non-academic departments to expand programs and the community involvement.
6. Teach one section of an academic-based leadership (LEAD) course.
7. Responsible for collecting data and assessments for programs.
8. Serve on departmental and university committees to coordinate campus-wide programming.
9. Hire, train, and supervise a Graduate Assistant and two Cat's Den student staff for the Brown building.
10. Liaison with the John W. Bardo Fine and Performing Arts Center staff to discuss the tech rider as it directly relates to any and all ACE Events.
11. Report maintenance issues with the Brown building and arcade games to the Assistant Director of Operations.
12. Develop and implement a marketing plan for advertising programs.
13. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements: Master degree from an accredited institution required with concentration in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or related field preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must apply online. Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and names and addresses of three references.
For questions or additional information, contact Rotimi Ariyo, Associate Director of University Center Programs. Phone 828-227-3751.
WCU is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution (http://www.wcu.edu/28762.asp ). Final candidates for employment will be subject to criminal background checks. Proper documentation of identity and employability are required at the time of employment. All new employees are required to provide official transcripts within 30 days of employment. An official set of transcripts must be sent to Human Resources within 30 days of hire. Degrees must have been awarded by a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
Western Carolina University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.