Vanderbilt University is internationally recognized as one of the premier research and teaching universities. Its undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs rank among the finest in the world. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and the education of health care professionals. Its reputation for excellence in each of these areas has made Vanderbilt a major patient referral center for the Mid-South. Vanderbilt employed over 25,000 regular and temporary faculty and staff in 2013 making Vanderbilt the largest private employer in Middle Tennessee and the second largest private employer in the state. Position Summary: Under the leadership of the Manager of Compensation & Performance Development and as part of a comprehensive Human Resources team, this role will have responsibility for the planning, design, implementation and administration of day-to-day compensation and performance development programs for a significant segment of the organization. Working collaboratively with HR Consultants, the Compensation Consultant will ensure that the Vanderbilt compensation program supports and is aligned with both short and long term business objectives of their segment of the organization and the institution as a whole.
Primary responsibility is for implementation and administration of day-to-day compensation and performance development programs for a segment of the organization. Successful candidate must have an appreciation of, and ability to, actively participate as a member of a team working together to deliver an exceptional level of customer service. Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Master's preferred in related field.
- Minimum of five years of practical Compensation experience in a Healthcare or Hospital environment.
- PHR/SPHR designation or CCP certification highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to create and present summary information supporting business case solutions.
- Previous project management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience designing new compensation practices.
- Excellent data mining and technical skills. Must be able to find, source, manipulate and present data to a wide variety of customers.
- Demonstrated experience with structure re-design and planning.
- Previous experience using Mercer is a plus.
- Acts as a consultant to proactively address compensation and performance development issues; evaluates compensation processes and systems to ensure they are meeting the needs of the organization; implements process and system improvements where such changes would have a positive impact
- Works collaboratively with HR Consultants and department leaders to develop career ladders and career paths to provide staff with appropriate career advancement opportunities.
- Researches, develops and proposes new policies and practices to ensure fair and equitable treatment of employees with respect to compensation and performance management matters. Participates in and analyzes results from local, regional and national salary surveys to assess market competitiveness of current positions; performs market analysis of positions to assess Vanderbilt's salaries relative to organizations in our competitive market
- Coach HR Consultants to conduct job audits with staff to ensure appropriate classification.
- Performs job evaluations on new and existing in collaboration with the HR Consultant to ensure that they are graded appropriately.
- Coach HR colleagues to provide well reasoned salary recommendations as needed.
- Serves as a resource for HR Consultants and department leaders on compensation policies and practices, and the performance management system in place at Vanderbilt.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Human Resources
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization HR Compensation 155212